japan atomic energy agency
(jaea, Tokai, japan)
JAEA was established on 1 October 2005 by integrating the Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI) and the Japan Nuclear Cycle Development Institute (JRC). It has been developing its business management system to aim at an international center of excellence for nuclear R&D.
The work scope of JAEA is as follows:
1. Basic research of nuclear energy
2. Application research of nuclear energy
3. Technical establishment of nuclear fuel cycle
4. Promotion of application of R&D results of above areas
5. Utilization Sharing of facility and equipment
6. Human resource development of nuclear energy field
7. Collection, arrangement and disemination of nuclear information
8. Study and analysis requested by the government (including safety regulation, nuclear disaser prevention, international non-proliferation)
9. Related areas
Japan Nuclear Human Resource Development Network, an all-Japan framework based on mutual beneficial relationship among nuclear- related organizations/ institutions from industries, academia and government was established in November 2010. Through our effective, efficient and strategic nuclear HRD activities, we hope to further contribute to the safe and peaceful utilization of nuclear energy.