World Nuclear University, Summer Institute 2016, Ottawa, Canada, 28 June to 5 August
Released on Tuesday 19 January 2016
A unique career development programme for future nuclear leaders.
Applications are invited for the World Nuclear University Summer Institute 201628 June to 5 August - Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Canada
The WNU Summer Institute aims to:
- Provide a global picture on the full spectrum of issues surrounding nuclear energy and to develop skills in leadership, communication, planning and organization.
- Offer quality education and nuclear training from the world’s foremost experts and leaders in nuclear science, engineering and business enhanced by practical workshops, interactive platforms and a visit to nuclear facilities.
Training the nuclear industry’s best
Each WNU Summer Institute is composed of an internationally diverse mix of top young professionals, known as fellows, working in industry or government service. Gender balance is a priority in WNU programmes. Applicants must provide evidence of meeting the following requirements:
- Currently employed in the nuclear sector, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent 4 years of work experience) in nuclear energy sciencesrelated field.
- 2 reference letters demonstrating leadership potential as well as professional or academic excellence.
- Maximum age of 40.
- Advanced English language skills, to be able to participate in lively discussions.