FISA 2009 - EMSNE 2008 ceremony and ENEN Post FISA Workshop
Released on Wednesday 1 July 2009
FISA 2009, the seventh international conference on EU research and training in reactor systems, was held by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Research in Prague, Czech Republic, 22-24 June 2009. About 450 people from EU and non-EU countries, such as China and Russian Federation, participated to the conference.
The ENEN organised the Award Ceremony of ENEN European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering (EMSNE) 2008 at the end of the 1st day. Seven EMSNE 2008 students from Spain, Italy, France and UK attended and introduced themselves as fresh nuclear engineers.
Joseph Safieh, ENEN President, provided a keynote lecture titled "Nuclear disciplines in response to industry and regulatory needs through the ENEN Association" at the 3rd Session Education & training and large infrastructures on 24 June.
On 25 June, as one of the Post FISA 2009 Workshops, the ENEN Association organized a Workshop titled "Integration of Nuclear Education and Training: Common Needs, EU Vision and Implementation Instruments " with the objectives:
- to report on planned and implemented actions to respond to the needs of future employers in terms of qualified staff at all levels
- to exchange views and information between universities, research institutions, training organizations, industries and any other End-Users regarding European and international programs and future plans in order to further meet the needs of the nuclear sector
- to discuss the development of a European framework for mutual recognition in nuclear E&T, such as a "European training passport", and of a common vision for cooperation beyond the EU
- to identify actions to be taken
The Workshop focused on the interaction between the academia and the "future employers" and more than 50 experts on nuclear E&T participated in the dicsussion.
The ENEN also participated in another Post FISA 2009 Workshop "International collaboration with non-EU Countries: achievements and prospects " organised by CEA and IAEA.
> FISA 2009 webpage
> Presentation by Joseph Safieh, ENEN President
> ENEN Post FISA 2009 Workshop
- Summary note by the Secretariat new
- All presentations (ENEN Member only)
> News on 20 April 2009