ENEN RU II Project
ENEN-RU II Project
"Strengthening of Cooperation and Exchange for Nuclear Education and Training between
the European Union and the Russian Federation".
This project receives funding from the EURATOM Research and Training programme
3 years under grant agreement N° 605149.
Following-up on the structured dialogue established in the framework of cooperation through the FP7 ENEN-RU I project, in compliance with Agreement for cooperation between the European Atomic Energy Community and the Government of the Russian Federation in the field of nuclear safety dated 3 October 2001.
The ENEN-RU II project started, for a period of three years, on 1 July 2014.
> Coordinator on the European side: ENEN
- European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN), France
- Belgian Nuclear Research Centre (SCK-CEN), Belgium
- Ceske Vysoke Uceni Techniske V Praze (CTU), Czech Republic
- Centrum Vyzkumu Rez S.R.O (CV REZ), Czech Republic
- Universität Stuttgart (IKE), Germany
- Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM), Germany
- Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per la Ricerca Tecnologica Nucleare (CIRTEN), Italy
- University Politehnica Bucharest (UPB), Romania
- Slovenska Techniska Univerzita v Bratislave (STUB), Slovakia
- University of Manchester (UM), United Kingdom
- Tecnatom (TEC), Spain
> Coordinator on the Russian side: ROSATOM
- State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom”
- Rosatom Central Institute for Continuing Education and Training (ROSATOM-CICE&T)
- Consortium of ROSATOM Core Universities
- National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI” (NRNU MEPhI)
- Obninsk INPE NRNU MEPhI
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise “State Scientific Centre of the Russian Federation–Institute for Physics and Power Engineering named after A. I. Leypunsky” (FSUE “SSC RF – IPPE”).
> Objectives of the Project:
Based on the achievements of the FP7 ENEN-RU project, to further define a common basis for effective cooperation between the European and Russian networks for nuclear Education &Training (E&T) the objectives of the project are:
- to define a detailed implementation plan based on the needs of cooperation in the long-term agreed during the ENEN-RU project;
- to solve the difficulties for cooperation found during the ENEN-RU project;
- to implement the plan in a sustainable manner;
- to operate the knowledge management framework;
- to list up and promote further use of E&T facilities, laboratories and equipments.
> Work packages of the Project:
> ENEN RU Database of Infrastructures:
ENEN RU II Project - TIMELINE:
29 and 30 September 2014: ENEN-RU II Project Kick-off Meeting in Obninsk and Moscow, Russian Federation.
30 September 2014: Presentation of the ENEN RU II project in Vuzpromexpo Conference.
6 March 2015: Presentation of ENEN RU II project in the ENEN General Assembly in Helsinki, Finland.
1-2 June 2015: 1st Progress Meeting of the ENEN-RU II project in Moscow, Russian Federation.
1-2 June 2015: Presentation of ENEN RU II project in ATOMEXPO 2015, Moscow, Russian Federation.
2 June 2015: ENEN RU E&T Forum discussion in ATOMEXPO 2015, Moscow, Russian Federation.
24 and 25 November 2015: ENEN-RU II, 1st ENEN RU E&T Forum Meeting in Obninsk, Russian Federation.
23 to 27 November 2015: Joint course on "Engineering aspects of Fuel Fabrication" in Obninsk, Russian Federation.
25 November 2015: Presentation of ENEN RU II project in the International Conference on “Nuclear Safety and Personnel Training”
3 May 2015: Meeting of the European partners in Brussels, Belgium.
May & June 2015: Stage of EU researchers at MEPhI.
June 2015: Participation of EU researchers in the summer School on Neutronics at MEPhI.
PROJECT KICK-OFF MEETING
The Kickoff Meeting of the ENEN-RU II project took place in Obninsk and Moscow, Russian Federation, on 29-30 September 2014.
Kickoff meeting reference in the ROSATOM-CICE&T Website.
Kickoff meeting reference in the EU-Russia-Year of Science Website.
Kickoff meeting group picture
The ENEN RU II project was presented in the annual exhibition “VUZPROMEXPO-2014” on September 30th. VUZPROMEXPO is the main forum in the Russian Federation of national science as the basis of industrialization.
Presentation of the ENEN RU II Project in VUZPROMEXPO Conference
A special section was carried out to present the ENEN-RU II project to the public. Prof. Artisiuk, from the Russian side, and Mr. Dieguez Porras, from the European side, presented the Minutes of the Kickoff meeting, held the day before.
1ST Progress Meeting of the ENEN RU II Project
The 1st Progress Meeting of the ENEN-RU II project took place in ATOMEXPO 2015, Moscow, Russian Federation, on 1-2 June, 2015.
Set-up of the ENEN RU E&T Forum
The ENEN RU E&T Forum was set-up in ATOMEXPO 2015, Moscow, Russian Federation, on 2 June 2015.
Joint course on "Engineering aspects of Nuclear Fuel manufacturing"
The joint course on "Engineering aspects of nuclear fuel manufacturing" took place in Obninsk, Russian Federation, on 23-27 November 2015. 8 European students and 4 young specialists from Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Germany, Spain and Italy from organizations-members of ENEN Association adquired a better understanding of nuclear fuel properties and manufacturing techniques realized in Russian Federation.
Juan Ignacio Gonzalez Perez
Ionita Madalina Georgina
Cucu Marina Mazaro
Stafie Catalin Alexandru
Pavel Gabriel Lazaro
1st Meeting of the ENEN RU E&T Forum
The International Conference on “Nuclear Safety and Personnel Training” hosted the first ENEN-RU II Forum Meeting in Obninsk, Russian Federation, on 23-27 November 2015.
Presentation of ENEN RU II project in the International Conference on “Nuclear Safety and Personnel Training”
For the international Conference two extended abstracts were also submitted by ENEN (in the name of the President and of the Secretary General) and by UPB (Prof. Petre Ghitescu).
- "The ENEN-RU II Project in the frame of the actions of ENEN aimed at promoting mutual recognition in E&T" by Prof. Walter Ambrosini and Mr. Pedro Dieguez Porras.
- "ENEN-RU Project on Evaluation of Nuclear Engineering Curricula" by Prof. Petre Ghitescu.