EU and Chinese Project Coordinators
The ECNET-EU is coordinated by E1 (ENEN) as the European Project Coordinator and the ECNET-CN is coordinated by C1 (THU) as the Chinese Project Coordinator. Each Project Coordinator has responsibility of implementation of each part of the ECNET project (ECNET-EU and ECNET-CN).
The tasks of the Coordinators include:
• Acting as the contact for the European Commission, the CAEA, and all project partners;
• Monitoring the project progress, deliverables and quality assurance;
• Coordinating the European and Chinese contribution to the entire project;
• Co-organizing interactions between the European partners and the Chinese partners;
• Acting as the focal point for all other kinds of external and internal requests.
> Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint EU-China Project Management Committee (PMC)
The Joint EU-Chinese Project Management Committee (PMC) is the decision-making body of the entire ECNET Project. PMC will play a key role in the management and the progress of the entire ECNET project according to time schedule and to the budget allocations.
PMC consists of one representative of each Party and co-chaired by the EU and Chinese Project Coordinators. PMC will organize meetings or telephone meetings as appropriate to evaluate the project progress. It is expected and intended that all multilateral issues in the framework of the ECNET project can be solved between the project partners in mutual agreement under guidance of the PMC.
Project Management Committee (PMC-EU and PMC-CN)
The European Project Management Committee (PMC-EU) and the Chinese Project Management Committee (PMC-CN) are in charge of the management of the ECNET-EU part and the ECNET-CN part respectively. The Project Management Committees will play a key role on each side in the management and the progress according to time schedule and to the budget allocations.
The PMC-EU and the PMC-CN consists of the Project Coordinators and all WP leaders on the EU and Chinese side respectively.
Work Package (WP) Leader
The project is formed by European and Chinese contributions to each Work Package (WP). Each WP is lead by the European and Chinese WP Leaders (ECNET-EU WP Leader and ECNET-CN WP Leader). Both WP leaders shall collaborate closely to achieve the objective and provide the Deliverables of each WP.
The WP Leaders have the responsibility of implementation of each WP work, including:
• Monitor the technical progress of work in comparison with the agreed schedule, propose actions in case of under-performance of an individual partner;
• Report to the Coordinators, PMN and/or PMC-EU/CN as appropriate;
• Prepare, where necessary, revisions to the detailed work programs for approval by the PMC;
• Review and approve the deliverables of the project;
• Prepare with support of the Partners the summary technical reports and/or periodic technical reports as required;
• Communicate problems and/or issues from the partners that need to be referred to the PMC and the Advisory Board;
• Monitor the quality management of the partners;
• Participate in the evaluation of the project results.
The Subcommittee CAEA-RTD on “Fission Coordinated Actions”, established by the Steering Committee of the Agreement between the Euratom and the Government of the People’s Republic of China for R&D Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy signed in Beijing on 24 April 2008, will act as the Advisory Board of the ECNET Project.
The PMC shall report the progress and development of the Project to the Advisory Board, and receive advice about the management and the Deliverables of the Project.